Join now - be part of our community!

Activating enhanced features on my Blu Ray?

profile.country.en_GB.title
eskimosound
Visitor

Activating enhanced features on my Blu Ray?

Hi All,

I have a BDPS380 and it says activate enhanced features, tells me to go to sony internet TV (?) and put in a 4 digit code, when I get to a site thats like the one it suggested (As the one it tells me to go to does not exist) there is no where to register my blu ray, I could do my TV but not my blu ray.... whats the solution guys, I want enhanced features!

Message was edited by: eskimosound

Message was edited by: eskimosound

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.en_GB.title
peterbshort
New

I believe you go to:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/login.action

and create an account

then add your various Sony devices by following the online 'enhanced' features

theepan1
New

Hi
I bought the Sony BDP S7200 and wanted to activate the device on the SEN site as the Essentials site no longer allow you to register new account.

What I see is that during activation/registering the device on SEN site/account, all the codes that gets generated by the blueray player gets rejected with the error message: "Incorrect activation code. Please try again."

I just wanted to watch Yupp TV and I have already paid for the subscription but cannot get it working due to this register/activate device issue on SEN site.

Will really appreciate if you can help.

Thanks,

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

As I recall activating the 'enhanced features' on my BDP-S7200 did not actually provide any enhancements to the functionality of the player except maybe add a few more worthless streaming services. My BD Player has well over a 100 different apps/services but assides a small handful of around 5-6 the others are not worth the bother.

The best services are:

Amazon Instant/Prime Video - [This app crashes the BD PLayer very frequently]

Netflix

BBC iPlayer

Demand 5 - [This app has a bug which causes the screensaver to launch randomly]

YouTube - [This app crashes the BD Player occasionally]

Dance Trippin TV (as found in the Opera Store)

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
steshaw11
Explorer

I have the same issue, in order to use amazon you need to activate the enhanced features bit unfortunately sen won't accept any code the Blu ray generates. 

Any ideas on how to solve this is welcome!

Thanks

CubeOver
Explorer

My educated guess is there is only ine supported path for such legacy devices like yours.

You're supposed to have registered it under Sony.Internet.TV aka Sony Internet Essentials account.

Then you would be compelled to migrate that account into SEN and keep that registration for life if the device.

once unregistered, legacy devices are having hard time registering with SEN.

if you find someone who can help, let me know by replying here...

my BDP-S470 is only for discs now...

Its a little alarming that Sony devices have been having the same error message since 2002.

There are a few entries in different forums and there doesn't seem to be an answer or a reply to Sony for any of them.

I have a similar issue with my BDV-E3100 BluRay and Speaker system.

Did you manage to get a fix?

CubeOver
Explorer

I have had to create a new SEN account since my BDP had been previously locked into Sony Internet Essentials and would not migrate it into my pre-existing SEN account.
Once migrated, however, it became fully manageable to a point where I was able to REMOVE it (it became un-assigned device) and then ADD it to my pre-existing SEN account. So it all was done at the low cost of creating another account for my other email address. SEN accounts cannot be closed to it will stay there dormant while I use my pre-existing SEN account where all my devices reside now.

HTH
cliff550
Explorer

Hello, I cant even get a activation code on my Sony BDP S7200. Any idea where it can be found? thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi cliff550

1. Press the [HOME] button on the remot control.
  2. Scroll across to 'Network'
  3. Scroll down to 'Activate Enhanced Features'

Cheers