Join now - be part of our community!

Activating enhanced features on my Blu Ray?

profile.country.en_GB.title
eskimosound
Visitor

Activating enhanced features on my Blu Ray?

Hi All,

I have a BDPS380 and it says activate enhanced features, tells me to go to sony internet TV (?) and put in a 4 digit code, when I get to a site thats like the one it suggested (As the one it tells me to go to does not exist) there is no where to register my blu ray, I could do my TV but not my blu ray.... whats the solution guys, I want enhanced features!

Message was edited by: eskimosound

Message was edited by: eskimosound

30 REPLIES 30
cliff550
Explorer

Hi, 'Activate Enhanced Features' is not in Network list. Thank you. cliff550
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@cliff550

Can you describe step by step what happens when you click on 'Activate Enhanced Features'? Does your BD Player display a URL link address or a code number?

Although it's quite some time ago since I activated these features on my own BDP-S7200 I seem to recall I had to visit the URL displayed on-screen and then input a code number to activate those features. That said I don't think the enhanced features offer anything worth having.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
cliff550
Explorer

Hi Dr Slinky, there is no 'Activate Enhanced Features' in menu. I have taken a photo of menu screen to show what is available. 20160327_095309.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@cliff550

Hi there,

You won't find it in the settings menus, unfortunately Quinnicus might have been confused or gave you the wrong info. You need to look under one of the menus outlined in red in the below image.

When you find it, click Activate Enhanced Features and let me know what it says. As mentioned previously I think it either displays a code number or a URL where you can enter the code number however it's a long time since I've done this myself so I can't say for sure.

Main menu-420-90.jpg

If you can take another photo of what happens when you click on it.

If I might also add, if you read the first few posts in this thread you'll notice that the other members couldn't find the correct site to activate these features, it's quite possible it no longer exists. A number of the streaming features on this device no longer work or have been removed.

If you don't already have a Sony Entertainment Network Account try this link and create a new account, I believe once you've got the code to activate the enhanced features you enter them here:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/reg/account/create-account!input.action

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
cliff550
Explorer

Hi, Thanks for yr reply and help. After the web icon, shown on yr photo, I do not have the other two icons. Please see photo. Thank you.  2016-03-27 14.10.17.jpg

cliff550
Explorer

yes i have that account. It asks me for the code but I cant get a code.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@cliff550

I see thanks for the update. I notice in your photo that you have an internet video update pending, it's the icon just below the WWW browser. Try doing that first and see if it adds the other two options. If not it might be like I said before, some streaming features have been removed and it's quite likely it's no longer available for this device.

cliff550
Explorer

Hi, thanks for yr reply. I'm beginning to think you may be right about some apps no longer available. It would have been nice to have Amazon prime. Sorry I can't see where you say about 'internet video update pending', I guess I will let this rest now. we tried and I thank you for yr help.cliff550

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

If you look at the last photo you submitted there's an icon called 'Internet Browser', it's the icon just below that which you need to click called 'Internet Video' , this will update the streaming content and might add the Amazon Prime service for you as well.

Be aware that Sony might have now removed Amazon Prime on newer models of this player as it has a bug which causes the player to crash. If interested you can read about that here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=cs_hc_g_tv?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx2GBEOGDU758MG&cdTh...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ya

Sorry if i steered you in the wrong direction.  I got this 'activate enhanced features' thing from a US knowledgebase article.  Its about another feature, but clearly shows it being there.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47399/c/65,66/p/47329,47564,91684/

PHV_Unregister_Device_Icon.PNG

If you cannot find it with @MK_Slinky advice, can you confirm if your bluray player is actually connected to your home network and can connect to the internet?

Also, MK_Slinky is probably right in regards to the icon - I recall it being the yellow/blue round one in a photo above on another device.  As this is not there, my thinking it that you do not have the latest firmware installed.  See:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps6200-firmware-update-vM21R0164/...

Cheers