Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Instant Video on BDP-S5200

ReLa79
Explorer

Amazon Instant Video on BDP-S5200

Hi all,

sorry, if this question has been asked before - couldn't find an answer to it.

I've recently bought the Sony BDP-S5200 Blu-Ray player as it is supposed to support Amazon Instant Video. However, I can't find the app on my Blu-Ray player and I've already updated the software. According to Amazon it should work ...

HELP PLEASE, how can I make Amazon Instant Video work on my BDP-S5200?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Renate

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi ReLa79,

I purchased the same model last July, during set up the software update request initialised which I had to complete prior to finishing set up - probably my fault as I had the wireless router on whilst setting up WiFi Blu-ray player !

Anyway, after set up I checked the Apps and the Amazon Instant Video App was already there. I was able to open this and then register the device with Amazon, it has worked ever since and streams okay even on a poor internet speed.

I have had only one more software update - perhaps you need to try the Refresh Internet Content via the network menu ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If a "Refresh Internet Content" fails to work, as Jonnie1266 suggests above.  Try a factory reset. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Renate,

Just a quick question, do you have any other Apps displayed on your device either on the XrossMediaBar or within the SEN Home screen?

I'm curious because there have been a few issues with SEN recently which made all my Apps disappear. I do know they were all showing last night but hopefully they have't gone off-line since?

EDIT:

I checked Amazon Instant a few hours after making the above reply and it's working correctly on my BDP-S7200. May I ask are you located in the UK?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
ReLa79
Explorer

Thank you all for your help and suggestions :)! I just found out that it still doesn't work in Austria 😞 and that the App isn't available in my country yet. However, it should work in about 1 or 2 weeks ... Amazon and Sony didn't explain why it takes longer than expected, but it's fine for me as long as I can get it in the next couple of weeks :).

thanks again :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Perhaps you didn't send Sony and Amazon a Christmas card last year?! They're making you wait now to punish you!! :laughing:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Jonny427
Explorer

I have a BDP S480 blue ray, I am having problems using Amazon instant video, I have registered the product but it is still requesting that I register it.  In my Sony account there is nowhere to enter the registration code, but shows the product is registered, any advice please?

ReLa79
Explorer

Hahaha you're right! That's it :smileysilly:! Please remind me to send one this year :wink:

ReLa79
Explorer

Where do you come from Jonny427? Maybe Amazon Instant Video also isn't available in your country yet ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you left that crucial piece of the puzzle out. Country Location (if not located in UK).  LOL

I understand that Netflix is available in Austria though - couldnt hurt to give them a free trial whilst waiting for Amazon ?? 

Cheers