Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video

Amazon Video

I purchased a Sony BDP S1700 recently hoping to use the Amazon Video app (as advertised on the box) - but it's not there! I only have 16 apps under 'All Apps'. The player was purchased in Northern Ireland (UK) and I am using it in the Republic of Ireland. Amazon prime video is available in the Republic of Ireland and I can view it on my iPhone app. I tried updating the software but it says it is up to date.

Grateful for any help you can give me.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try logging into SEN on a computer (or create an account):

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

Then add the blurray player to your account under devices and then try activating Amazon video.  Similar to this:

SEN.jpg

Cheers

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. I have already added my device but do not have an option to activate Amazon video. There is only Quello and yupp TV as options.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

OK, maybe things have changed a bit over time and its not necessary to specifically enable Amazon.  Can you confirm if your bluray player is connected to your network and can access the internet?  Can you confirm if the other apps work correctly?

Another thing you can try is by setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.  You will need to set a fixed IP address on the bluray player.  see these instructions : HERE

Cheers

Hi there,

Yes, I can connect to the internet and youtube etc work fine. I have the
netflix app which comes up and suggests a free trial. It's just that there
is no Amazon video app appearing. I've updated to the latest software
version over the internet, so it's a bit of a mystery. I might try
resetting the whole device.

Thanks for your help,

Mark.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.  Let me know how it goes on the factory reset anyhow.  If it still fails, do that DNS trick that I mentioned above.

Cheers

Hi there,

Seems I have the same issue, bought BDP-S1700B yesterday, installed, activated and updated sucessfully. Youtube, netflix works fine, but there is no  Amazon Video, no BBC player.

Apart from that, can you please advise if extra apps can be added in "All Apps", for example web browser or facebook etc.

Many thanks,

Robert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RobNow1974

Can you check to see if you have a UK based ip address - as both of these apps require it.  Goto : https://www.iplocation.net/

Also, if you are using a VPN or proxy server - try disabiling it temporarily. 

Only apps that are built in or via the Opera TV store can be 'installed' and run.

Cheers

Hi there,

I don't have a UK IP address, it's a Republic of Ireland one.

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Markievich wrote:

I don't have a UK IP address, it's a Republic of Ireland one.

Hi there

Theres your problem.  Both BBC iPlayer and Amazon require you to be in the UK.

Cheers