Join now - be part of our community!

AV Sync - BDPS790/HX853/Pioneer VSX-C100

profile.country.en_GB.title
Withnail73
Visitor

AV Sync - BDPS790/HX853/Pioneer VSX-C100

Hi there! Ever since replacing my CRT and DVD player with an HD TV and BD player I have had endless fun and games trying to get the picture in sync with the audio sent via the BD to the Amp.

When I first upgraded I had a Samgsung HD TV and (through blind luck) managed to get the 2 in sync using the optical out from BD to amp. However, I recently replaced the Samsung with a Sony HX853 and now the optic solution does not work - the sound is ever so slightly ahead of the picture. The AV Sync option in the BD does not help as that only increases the problem, and the amp will not take an HDMI cable, so can't solve it that way either.

I don't really want to have to get a new amp, and since it worked ok with the Samsung TV the amp CAN seemingly handle it, so I was hoping there is some kind of setting in the BD or TV that will save the day. Is there?

- If I connect analog to amp from BD the audio is miles out - even worse than the optical.

- I can get it all in sync by plugging the optic from the TV into the amp, but the quality is nowhere near as good as optic from BD.

- There is no sync option on the amp

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

Digital optical and Coaxial Digital are exactly the same on short runs so if your using either thats fine cant comment on analogue cables as i dont use them, the problem here is you are trying to compare optical connection to the Amp from the tv to the optical connection from the BluRay player to Amp.

naturally the connection from the BluRay will be far superior as depending on the Amp this is carrying Dolby trueHD or the very least Dolby Digital/DTS

the sound from the tv will only be stereo ( two channel ) very few broadcasts are Dolby surround.

so your connections using optical are fine.

i use a very old Sony Amp connected to my BluRay via Digital Coaxial and i have no issues with lip sync on mine.

worth noting, if your using the amp for the tv have you changed the setting for speakers under options/speakers change from tv to audio system.

Withnail73
Visitor

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm not using the amp for the TV, only BDs/DVDs...

Seems that a new amp is the answer, but I'm not sure I can justify it when I can have reasonable sound via the TV optical. Maybe one day!