Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iplayer service

profile.country.en_GB.title
Veryangrywithsony
Visitor

BBC iplayer service

Dear Sony,

I am very unimpressed so far that you have not fixed the Iplayer interface. I only bought your blue-ray player as it was advertised clearly that it had the ability to play content from the BBC iplayer service. This is clearly not the case. This is false advertising and I'm seriously thinking about reporting you to the advertising standards authority in the UK. You have known about this issue since November last year and yet you still have not fixed this issue and yet you continue to market your products as iplayer compatible. Perhaps you should withdraw your blue-ray players displaying the BBC iplayer logo until the fix is issued.

I have tried to make a complaint regarding this matter on your website only to be told you are no longer accepting complaints regarding this service. You are duty bound to provide a concise update regarding this matter as having done plenty of research regarding this there are many people disappointed with your product and stance on this matter.

I await your reply.

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

What seems to be the problem - you haven't explained what your particular issue is? What needs fixing on the interface?

Thanks

Veryangrywithsony
Visitor

When i try to use iplayer on my S370 I get the "not enough memory error".

Catmambo
Contributor

Veryangrywithsony
Visitor

No I'm with Viatel and have also tried it on Star internet and have setup a proxy server in my office so I could try as suggested by others but always the same result. How is this an ISP issue, I'm intrigued as I have a freeview box that also has iplayer and works a treat but it's now been consigned to the bedroom TV.

Message was edited by: Veryangrywithsony

Catmambo
Contributor

Seemingly different ISP's handle requests for iPlayer Bigscreen in different ways, thus Tiscali have identified an error at their side and are working with the BBC to resolve it at the moment.

Veryangrywithsony
Visitor

I'm going to perform some further tests to see what the blue ray player is requesting as I can pull this out of my router / firewall log as at first sight the player is requesting the wrong page. Given both my ISPs are business only I doubt very much they are caching iplayer.