Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S360 Has anybody resolved the SYS ERR problem on firmware upgrade?

profile.country.en_GB.title
stcornf29
Visitor

BDP-S360 Has anybody resolved the SYS ERR problem on firmware upgrade?

I've just performed a firmware upgrade over the internet for my BDP S360 which appears to have failed.

Is this normal? All I get now is SYS ERR on the display. All buttons and remote don't work. I've tried to update the player using disks burned with downloads from the Sony website (3 different in total) these all have failed and the player just spits each one out and does nothing.

I suspect this is terminal and Sony have issued a firmware upgrade which breaks players.

So far Sony Technical Support have been no help at all.

Any help would be most appreciated. Can this be fixed or do I now have a useless piece of junk?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sorry to hear your having problems with your player regarding updating your firmware, however i fail to see why you have been trying to do this using discs with the firmware on, what you should have done is connected an ethernet cable and allowed the player to download the updates this way, i believe the manual would have said as much. the only thing i can see you doing now is taking the player along to your nearest authorised Sony repair centre and see if they can sort it out for you.

good luck.

stcornf29
Visitor

I initially did the firmware upgrade over the internet (as mentioned in my post), it didnt work so I tried the disk option which didn't work either.

Investigation on the internet shows that a number of people have suffered the same problem. I'm waiting for Sony to come up with a way forward. This may be for me to take it to a Sony Centre, however others in bloggs on the internet have been quoted circa £100 by Sony to "fix" this problem caused by them!

I'll post an update if I get it fixed explaining how.

Disappointing as I'm wall to wall Sony at the moment (TV, Blu Ray, Surround Sound etd). If they don't fix tis free of charge (as they caused it) I won't buy from them again.

profile.country.GB.title
khshaks
New

anyone has resolved this problem yet?