Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S370 DLNA help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
highlander317
Visitor

BDP S370 DLNA help

Bought a BDP S370 yesterday, I have it all connected to the internet via a pair of powerline connectors to my speedtouch modem router. I can connect to all the internet apps on the unit but am struggling to use the DLNA feature. Ive tried WMP12 as im using win 7, XMP, Tversity, Wild Media server and am still unable to get the pc to find the sony.

In my router settings I can see sony player but no where else on the pc or in networking

Anyone please please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

For Serviio, make sure you open TCP 8895 and UDP 1900 ports in firewall.

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried Serviio or PS3 media server. These two work very well with Sony devices. Sure you have already, but double check that DLNA/uPnP is enabled on your router and that the firmware is up to date.

Thanks

highlander317
Visitor

I have tried both serviio and PS3 media server and the router does have upnp/dlna enabled

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you updated the firmware of the Blu-ray also? When you install Serviio on the PC, does it appear on the Blu-ray at all?  My hunch is that something on your PC is preventing it working properly. Have you tried disabling the firewall or trying another PC? The Blu-ray is just plug and play, not requiring any special configuration so I think there is something different on your network.

highlander317
Visitor

Yes the firmware is upto date, and nothing appears anywhere on blu ray. Tried without fiewall and anti virus and still nothing

Catmambo
Contributor

If the Blu-ray can access the Internet ok, then the machine s fine. I think there is another problem either somewhere on your network or with your PC, most likely some kind of setting or software conflict which is preventing sharing. But without seeing the network its very hard to diagnose and identify remotely to be honest.

Thanks

highlander317
Visitor

Just bought a new modem router and can now get folders on the blu ray from the pc but no files. what am i doing wrong?

Catmambo
Contributor

Ok what server software are you using on your PC?

Thanks

highlander317
Visitor

just my modem router. A belkin f7d4402 the external hard drive is connected to that. I can see the folder names but can only view jpegs inside or it says no supported file?

Catmambo
Contributor

Install Serviio on your PC and point it towards the folders on your external HDD and you should be set :slight_smile: