Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S370 DLNA help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
highlander317
Visitor

BDP S370 DLNA help

Bought a BDP S370 yesterday, I have it all connected to the internet via a pair of powerline connectors to my speedtouch modem router. I can connect to all the internet apps on the unit but am struggling to use the DLNA feature. Ive tried WMP12 as im using win 7, XMP, Tversity, Wild Media server and am still unable to get the pc to find the sony.

In my router settings I can see sony player but no where else on the pc or in networking

Anyone please please help me?

28 REPLIES 28
highlander317
Visitor

The only place on the pc where i can see any mention of the sony is on my router dchp client page and nowhere else.

weerascal
Visitor

Hey there Highlander :slight_smile:

I am having exactly the same problem trying to set up my dad's home system.

he has his pc directly wired to his netgear router. The Sony BRP is also directly wired straight to router using fancy plug type thingys which cut out the need for the wire! the BRP is able to access the internet and play iplayer and all that jazz...but I cannot for the life of me make a connection to his pc for photos or video streaming.

Ive downloaded a trial version of Mezzmo software as a few people have suggested...but in the network/sharing devices tab the Sony BRP isnt there.

I recently set up my boyfriends ps3 in his house using ps3 media software to do much the same thing as were trying to achive here and it was quite easy. Im dying to hear if you get a result! youre one step ahead of me having at least found icons.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

OK so now your BluRay player can see serviio with Audio/Video/Photo folder, exactly?

But nothing on folder...you have to add shared folder on serviio console.

Files added to the library can be a long process according to the number of media shared, try with few files for begining.
You may have administrator write access if your shared folder is an external DD or NAS.
You have to select the proper category on XMB menu, Vidéo-> Serviio-> video-> ..., Audio->Serviio-> Audio ->...
Verify the serviio logging file.

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
highlander317
Visitor

Still got nothing all settings are right. Still just get data dvd under each heading with no files in.

highlander317
Visitor

Just solved the problem with me not being able to share via my pc to s370.

Pretty sure its something to do with my integrated network card in my motherboard. Its an Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller. I did some more searching but didnt find any solutions any where so am now looking for a good compatable network card.

Any ideas?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

Do you try Serviio forum support ? http://forum.serviio.org/viewforum.php?f=11

Do you have several ethernet controller in your PC?

Is yes, set the proper IP address on "IP Bound" field on serviio console.

Please use serviio forum...

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
highlander317
Visitor

Only got one ethernet card which is on my motherboard. Searched serviio forum and found no mention of atheros problems.

PatrickBell
Visitor

Hello

I'm having similar problems connecting my S370 to my Belkin Play Max via DLNA. I've attached a USB drive to the belkin router with music and photos. The S370 successfull connects to the USB drive attached to the Belkin router via DLNA, but only lists what seems to be a random subset of the music and photo files I know to be on the drive. Anyone any ideas why all the files aren't being listed?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

On a different topic - I see ITV player will be available via FreeSat soon - is it likely to be available via the S370 like BBC iPlayer anytime soon? Thanks

profile.country.de_AT.title
panoramaet
Visitor

My BDP S370 became very buggy connecting to my DLNA network after the M03.R.742 firmware update.  It is definitely this update that is the problem and definitely something Sony needs to fix.

I see people trying to blame it on faulty networks, Windows Media Player and even the actual unit itself failing.  It clearly is none of these when many people find a system that's reliable for many months failing at a firmware update.

I note that Sony sometimes fail to admit when they have a problem, even when it affects millions of people losing their personal details to identity theft..

This is an issue to fix in the next firmware update asap.

Message was edited by: panoramaet