Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S370 MKV Files

SOLVED
pebrayn
Explorer

BDP-S370 MKV Files

Can anyone explain why some MKV files on my USB stick play on the BDP-S370 and others do not. Is there a

particular detail of the MKV file that I should look out for which will enable that file to play without any problem, and likewise is there any particular detail that I should ignore at all costs.Thank you for your help in this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

MKV is what they call a "Container"  Inside this container is the video and audio codecs that are used and other misc info.  What I think is happening for you, you have 2 MKV files, 1 works, 1 doesnt.  The working MKV has a supported Video and Audio Codec, the other doesnt.

Have a look at the specs : HERE to see what is supported.

To compare the difference between a working MKV and one that isnt, use a program called Media Info, available : HERE and compare the difference.

Useful Information : HERE

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

MKV is what they call a "Container"  Inside this container is the video and audio codecs that are used and other misc info.  What I think is happening for you, you have 2 MKV files, 1 works, 1 doesnt.  The working MKV has a supported Video and Audio Codec, the other doesnt.

Have a look at the specs : HERE to see what is supported.

To compare the difference between a working MKV and one that isnt, use a program called Media Info, available : HERE and compare the difference.

Useful Information : HERE

Hope that helps.

pebrayn
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thank you for your reply which I have read just a few seconds ago. I will get around to checking out the links in due course.Thank you once again for your help in this matter.