Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S3700 - Playback prohibited by region code

profile.country.GB.title
venus05
New

BDP-S3700 - Playback prohibited by region code

Bluray/DVD player - BDP-S3700 - was working fine, I put a DVD in a couple of days ago, now I keep getting the message "Playback prohibited by region code". I have updated the firmware to the latest version, but still getting this message. I always use Region 2 DVDs, haven't tried another region, haven't changed any of the settings. Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

You mention you tried to play a DVD which was not working.  Can you let me know if you are having the same issue with playing a Blu-ray Disc on your player?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
venus05
New

Hi Sean, no we haven't tried it with a Blu-ray disc, we don't own any and have just been using DVDs. We haven't changed any of the settings, it just stopped working.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again, 

Can you try resetting the player to Factory Default Settings, which may resolve the issue you are experiencing.

If this does not help I would suggest getting in touch with the Support team here for further assistance.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
venus05
New

We reset it to factory settings, didn't work. Now it is playing one DVD, The Big Bang Theory, (???!!!) and one music CD, but won't play anything else. We called Support, they didn't know what the problem was - told us to contact the shop we bought it from.