Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S390 and DLNA - problem playing audio files

profile.country.en_GB.title
petburde
Visitor

BDP-S390 and DLNA - problem playing audio files

Hi, I wonder of anyone can help me?

I have a Sony BDP-S390 bluray disk player running what I believe is the latest version of the software: M11.R.0422 (Sept 2012).

It all works well, in fact, I think it is great. The only thing is I have a problem when trying to play audio files from my phone using DLNA.

Individual files play perfectly. However, when I try to play a whole album at the end of each file (track) I get the message from the BDP-S390: "The file is corrupted or the music file is not supported". This is closely followed by another message: "Disconnected from renderer compatible device."

Playing halts. If I play the next song manually it again plays perfectly. But I clearly don't want to have to play each song individually.

My phone is an HTC Desire Z running Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread).

I have tried using the standard Android Music Player and also using an alternative player: BubbleUPnp. I get the same symptoms with both players.

And also from my wife's phone which is an HTC Desire S.

I have tried MP3 files which I ripped from my discs. Also with MP3 files downloaded from Amazon. Also with AAC files. The file format doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have tried various ways to make sure I am telling it to play multiple tracks, rather than just one. But also the error message suggests something is wrong.

By the way, an error code is displayed on the phone by BubbleUPNP: "action play failed code 501"

Finally, I don't know if this offers a clue to someone more knowledgeable than me but if I initiate play from the Sony end, the problem does not occur. I do this by using the Sony device to connect to the BubbleUPNP server running on my phone and then selecting an album and playing it. Under these circumstances it all works smoothly and the next song plays when the current one finishes.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions and ideas.

Thanks

Pete

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
petburde
Visitor

I have established that it is probably nothing to do with my wifi network, by changing the wifi router.

Pete

Message was edited by: petburde

profile.country.de_DE.title
Jehofm
Visitor

I've got exactly the same problem - the BDP-S390 will only play one file and than it stops. Same errorcoed in BubbleUPNP btw. but it doesn't work in with any media player. This is really annoying and I would apreciate a fix.

King regards

petburde
Visitor

I heard the other day that one of the most annoying things a customer service agent can do is ignore the customer.

Convergence
Visitor

Hi I cant say i have ever used a phone for DLNA, however how does the process work, are you sending to the player or is the player accessing the phone as a server, if you are sending from a device to the player i would say it was a phone issue, if however you are accessing the phone from the player then that would be very strange.

I take it you have a PC on yout network?  if so try HomeStream it is Serviio dedicated to Sony products, it will stream without issue, this will help to demonstrate there is no fault with your player.

Have you taken a look at the BubbleUPNP forums, seems the software has a few issue resulting in different messages depending on the connected device.

petburde
Visitor

Thanks, but I am pretty sure that the problem is with the Sony device.

I can stream from the DLNA client on my phone to another DLNA server - another phone also running BubbleUPnP with no problem.

So I have eliminated each component:

- phone (have tried two)

- phone software - client (have tried two different client software offers)

- network hardware and software - (have tried two routers, two different versions of software)

And it seems to all work with a different server.

Thanks

profile.country.de_DE.title
Jehofm
Visitor

It is the fault of the player, all other scenarios work and absolutly no UPnP App works with this player (even the windows media player refuses to work, but it skips every second song), except the Sony Network Audio Remote - but that one only has limited functionality and it doesn't work with my NAS :angry:

But: I talked to the developer of BubbleUPNP and got a beta, that just retries the playcommand when a 501 error occures - and it works quite nicely, a small delay of one or two secondes - but it works :slight_smile: I was told that the version will be available later today - so thanks to BubbleUPNP and NO THANKS TO SONY.

Message was edited by: Jehofm

petburde
Visitor

That's brilliant Jehofm - thanks, I will download the new BubbleUPNP client.

Best

Pete

edchapm
New

I have a similar problem using SONY equipment: BDV n590, Xperia Z tablet and 2010 Bravia. Using the SONY Walkman app on the tablet (streaming music from a mybook hd where music files are stored) I throw to the BDV and after a single track of thrown playback I get the same: ""The file is corrupted or the music file is not supported". This is closely followed by another message: "Disconnected from renderer compatible device."" I only buy SONY stuff (just ordered Z1 compact). I have fiddled with a few settings but have a bad feeling that SONY will not let me throw a whole album/playlist despite all the equipment an apps being SONY. It is 2014 right? Not Impressed SONY and really hope you can provide a fix. Thanks, Ed