Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S390 - SSL Auth error since firmware update

SOLVED
tombates2
Explorer

BDP-S390 - SSL Auth error since firmware update

Hi guys,

I'm having issues accessing a particular web service since firmware update - BBC iPlayer.

Netflix still works fine.

Can access iPlayer but when I try to begin a stream having selected a program, the following display shows:

SSL Alarm Display

The security of the target peg cannot be confirmed. An error has occurred during server authentication

I've tried manually setting the IP of the player, and connected succesfully but that didn't solve the issue. I've also tried a reset of internet and network settings and reinput the wireless details etc... still no joy.

Does anybody have any advice - and if not, is it possible to roll back to the last firmware version? Seems like Sony has just broken my Bluray player :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Second time of asking and factory reset sorted it.

:slight_smile:

Would like to know from sony what the cause is, but happy that it is working.

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
tombates2
Explorer

Just to add - my firmware version is currently: M11.R.0493

Roshilton
New

I have exactly the same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this please? I'm in exactly the same position and not very happy!

Thanks

nick_l
New

I too am getting this, has anyone found a solution yet, I can use lovefilm perfectly but iPlayer keeps giving this message. I have tried using both wireless and direct ethernet connection and get the same. My sky box has no trouble connecting to bbc iplayer and downloading, my pc also connects to the bbc and streams ok, so looks like my router settings are all working ok.

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Has anyone tried a factory reset of your bluray player?  I know the orignial poster said that they have reset network settings, but a factory reset may flush things out?

Cheers

Yep - it's worked for me. Had tried resetting network settings to no avail, but factory reset has cured it. iPlayer now working again at last!:smileyhappy:

Noodle999
New

Hello all,

I have exactly the same problem with a BDP-S1100, however it is not cured by a Factory Reset.

Does anyone have a solution?

Cheers :slight_smile:
TonyBC
Explorer

Factory reset twice and network reset twice, re setup network and now i player working

Tags (2)

Second time of asking and factory reset sorted it.

:slight_smile:

Would like to know from sony what the cause is, but happy that it is working.

Thanks for your help