Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S390 - SSL Auth error since firmware update

SOLVED
tombates2
Explorer

BDP-S390 - SSL Auth error since firmware update

Hi guys,

I'm having issues accessing a particular web service since firmware update - BBC iPlayer.

Netflix still works fine.

Can access iPlayer but when I try to begin a stream having selected a program, the following display shows:

SSL Alarm Display

The security of the target peg cannot be confirmed. An error has occurred during server authentication

I've tried manually setting the IP of the player, and connected succesfully but that didn't solve the issue. I've also tried a reset of internet and network settings and reinput the wireless details etc... still no joy.

Does anybody have any advice - and if not, is it possible to roll back to the last firmware version? Seems like Sony has just broken my Bluray player :slight_smile:

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Great, glad its working. Could be one of a number of things, but software not hardware. SSL as you may know is a security protocol used to secure connections from interference, so likely something in the chain wasn't handshaking properly with the device. So Factory resets normally flush these kind of issues. Odd it had to be done twice, but good its fixed...

thanks

bagman_66
New

I have to do a factory reset every few days. It drives me crazy. I have contacted the BBC about it so will see what comes of that.

profile.country.GB.title
wnstnybt
New

1. go to the internet browser on the BD device, 2. enter url of the site that is inaccessible due to ssl alarm e.g. www.youtube.com; the 'security of target page cannot be confirmed an error has occurred during server authentication' will display but with an option to turn off the ssl alarm. 3. Select turn off option. 4. Now go back/exit the browser and open the YouTube app. DONE and SOLVED! No need to reset internet settings.

John99909
New

I have the s490 and have the exact same issue. Running the latest firmware. The resetting to factory default isn't resolving the issue either.   Please help.  I just need iPlayer working.