Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S570 can't see my PC

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DMAN01
Visitor

BDP-S570 can't see my PC

My BDP-S570 connects to the network but can't see my PC, HELP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

When you say you cannot see your PC, I guess you mean that you cannot see the media content on your PC? (films, photo's music etc) Have you set your PC up to share these out? There is a great guide that Sony produce here: http://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/tvme/mySony/my008/BRAVIA_DLNA_EN.pdf that show you how to connect the TV or Blu-Ray player to see the content on an attached PC. This should resolve youir problems.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

When you say you cannot see your PC, I guess you mean that you cannot see the media content on your PC? (films, photo's music etc) Have you set your PC up to share these out? There is a great guide that Sony produce here: http://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/tvme/mySony/my008/BRAVIA_DLNA_EN.pdf that show you how to connect the TV or Blu-Ray player to see the content on an attached PC. This should resolve youir problems.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jsryork
New

Hi

I have an existing media server (firefly) and players (Roku soundbridge) for playing ripped CDs.  When I found my new BDS570 had DLNA support, I expected to locate the server easily.

When I connect the player to the network, my laptop shows it in 'my network places', and it is ping-able from the laptop.  But when I update the connections list on the player, I see no servers at all.  When I run JBonjourBrowser from the laptop, I see the media server pc, and the soundbridge players, but no BDS570.

I am not sure how to diagnose what is going on.

Is there a free media server which is known to work with the BDS570 which I can run on the laptop.

Are the any magic setups on the BDS570 I am likely to have missed.

Thank you

John