Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S570 DVD player stops during playback

BDP-S570 DVD player stops during playback

Recently experienced problems where player stops midway through playback of DVD's. Even when I clean discs, player doesn't want to restart. Tried unplugging power and waiting as per trouble shooting guide but problem re-occurs on same and other discs. Suspect discreader needs repair or replacement but any suggestions welcome as to other possible "fixes". Thanks, Andy

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If it stops playing at exactly the same place - are these dual layer discs?  What happens if you try and fast-forward the problem area or 'skip' a few minutes (or chapter) - does it still play?

Cheers

Hi Quinnicus, Doesn't stop in same place on same disc, nor on any other disc I've tried. The player just seems to freeze even though picture counter is still moving forward on display. Player can also just turn itself off so no picture on TV screen and won't respond to remote. I've had to unplug player and let it"rest: for a while and it will restart from place it froze/stopped. However, problem then reappears.

That's why I think it needs a good service and/or reader repair so that it doesn't freeze.

Going to take it to a local electrical shop for inspection and they will advise what they think the problem is but wasn't sure if it was worth buying a cleaning disc for the machine as there's some mixed reviews about their effectiveness.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From your extra description, it does sound like a hardware issue and repair possibly needed.  Please let us know on the forums on what the repair shop says, as im interested to know what the fault is :slight_smile:

Cheers

Will do, taking it in tomorrow but don'texpect it will be back until after New Year holidays.