Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S570 Wifi problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Camahl
Visitor

BDP S570 Wifi problems

I recently bought a BDP S570, primarily to enable me to have iPlayer and other internet on my TV.  I'm experiencing difficulties in getting the wifi connection to work consistently.  I have two different wifi networks and the problem exisits on both networks.  The symptoms are that I if I start from scratch (factory reset) I can connect to the wireless network and access iPlayer etc.  But once I power off I have to start all over again the next time.  If I don't do a factory reset then the system initially indicates that it's connected ok (check network status function returns OK for wireless connectivity and internet access), but if I run the additional diagnostic in the set up menu (I''ve forgotten the exact name) then it indicates that is cannot access the internet.  If I run through re-establishing the wireless internet (scanning for wifi, re-inputting pass word and acceptign all the default settings) the system conects to the wif network but still cannot access the internet.  Only if I perform a factory reset and then re-enter all the wireless settings am I able to get it working again.

My ISP is Virgin Media (cable via the old NTLworld system) and I've heard there may be issues with a proxy server that might help, but I've not done anything here.

The problem is the same whether I use the b,g wifi network (netgear wireless router) or the n network (Dlink wirlelss router)

Any suggestions on how to fix this gratefully received - at the moment it is a very dissapointing purchase!

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

What kind of signal strength are you getting there? It sounds like its struggling to maintain a connection? Have you updated to the latest firmware also?

Thanks

Exileblue
Visitor

I currently have the S-570 running thro a Netgear WNDR3300 then a LINKSYS ADSL2+ modem. Currently I can run all my internet connections without any difficulties - except LoveFilm streaming - but that's another problem.

The only " hassle " I had when setting up initialy was that I used MAC address filtering on my router, which I'd forgot about. WPS wouldn't work, al so I had to use the PIN technique of registering the device. Enter the MAC address manually and use the PIN generated by the player into the tables of the router. HTH :slight_smile: