Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S6200 firmware update problem

profile.country.GB.title
philc13
New

BDP-S6200 firmware update problem

Hi

I've got a playback problem  on my S6200 that I'm hoping will be fixed by updating my firmware from M21.R.0164 to M21.R.0180. However when I try and update via the internet it tells me I'm already up to date. I then try the USB method and put the folder called UPDATE with the 4 files on the stick but when I try and run it I get an error saying there is no update file!

Is there a way round this or am I missing something really obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It might be that your firmware may already be up to date.  To check which version you have:

1. Turn on your TV and check it's tuned to the input your Blu-ray player is connected to. (So if the player is connected to the HDMI 2 socket, choose HDMI 2 as the input)
  2. Turn on the Blu-ray player
  3. If it starts to play a disc, press STOP and wait until you see the XrossMediaBar (XMB) menu screen
  4. In the XrossMediaBar screen, highlight Setup > System Settings then select ENTER using the arrow keys on the remote control
  5. Highlight System Information on the display and press the ENTER key
  6. On the TV screen, the firmware version number looks like this: 
    Software Version M21.R.0180 —if the version number is M21.R.0180 or higher, you already have the most recent firmware version.

If you don't have this version and are still experiencing playback issues, I would recommend getting in touch with the support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
philc13
New

Thanks for the reply. I'd already checked this and it's showing 164 but when I try to update to 180 it says it's already up to date.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Phil,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team who will be able to help further.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc