Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 - limitations on viewing\playing mp3 files via a HDD connected to USB Port

BDP-S7200 - limitations on viewing\playing mp3 files via a HDD connected to USB Port

Hi

Are there any known issues regarding viewing\playing mp3 files via a hard disk connected to the usb ports?  When I connect a HDD I can only view (and play) the first 12 albums on an HDD that contains 100's of albums.  I do not have the same issue when viewing\playing films\photos via the HDD.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the manual, these are the following limitations of MP3 audio playback.  Pay particular attention to the area about how many files/folders in a single layer (ie 500).  Im wondering if this is the problem?

MP3.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Thanks for posting this Quinnicus! :wink:

I notice one line though that doesn't ring true unless I'm misunderstanding it...

"This player does not play coded files such as DRM and Lossless"

Isn't FLAC Lossless?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Codec.

To be honest, I dont really know what the manual is referring to either (error in manual?)  Unless its referring to some type or raw data rip without encoding.  At the end of the day, FLAC is supported via USB (not DLNA)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

My thoughts entirely! :wink:

Lets hope more musicians adopt the FLAC format in the future! FLAC's are generally to dear to buy at present, still that's another topic for another day.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14