Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E1400 + XBOX

SOLVED
Yiska32
Explorer

BDV-E1400 + XBOX

Hi,

I've just been bought the BDV-E1400 home theatre system and would like to run the Xbox sound through the speakers. I've connected both to the TV via HDMI cables but not sure what to do next. Can someone help me?

Many thanks!

Yiska :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know where you are at now.  Having the X-box connected to the TV, Your TV must support ARC (Audio Return Channel).  Without knowing your TV (Brand and Model), im assuming that your TV does not support ARC, by reading in between the lines of what you have posted.

This is what you need to do:

• Keep the HDMI connection between Theatre sytem and TV
  • Keep the HDMI connection between X-Box and TV
  • ADD an optical audio cable(TOSLINK) from the Xbox to the Theatre System, then tell the X-box to output audio via sound system (I dont know the settings, as I dont have an X-box, Google it if necessary)
  • Select AUDIO on the Theatre System

Some References:

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The simplest way is to connect both the BDV-E4100 Theatre System (HDMI 1 - ARC)  and X-Box to the TV and then set the TV to output audio externally.  Then set just check the X-box audio settings to ensure its outputted via HDMI. 

Cheers.

Yiska32
Explorer

I've set the TV audio (AV-2 out) to HDMI2 (which is the home theatre) also set the xbox but sound still comes via TV. Is there anything I need to set up on the home theatre or am I doing it wrong?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know where you are at now.  Having the X-box connected to the TV, Your TV must support ARC (Audio Return Channel).  Without knowing your TV (Brand and Model), im assuming that your TV does not support ARC, by reading in between the lines of what you have posted.

This is what you need to do:

• Keep the HDMI connection between Theatre sytem and TV
  • Keep the HDMI connection between X-Box and TV
  • ADD an optical audio cable(TOSLINK) from the Xbox to the Theatre System, then tell the X-box to output audio via sound system (I dont know the settings, as I dont have an X-box, Google it if necessary)
  • Select AUDIO on the Theatre System

Some References:

Cheers

Yiska32
Explorer

Thank you, I'll get one of those cables and give it a try :slight_smile: