Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E2100 No sound from ARC..

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
nightlight
Explorer

BDV-E2100 No sound from ARC..

LG 42LA740Z-ZB TV connected to Sony BDV-E2100 via HDMI ARC

SKY and Youview boxes through a HDMI switch to TV HDMI2.

When I power up the system using my Harmony one remote the Sony will NOT output any audio, video is fine but the display settles down to say "SETUP" on the TV input.

This is what I have to do to get sound.

I use the FUNCTION button on the Sony remote to cycle to any other input and wait for the display to stop flashing (important!!) and show the input name  e.g. AUDIO, BT etc..

Then use FUNCTION to cycle back to TV and VOILA! Sound !!!!

I have to go through this procedure every time I power up the system :(((

I'm playing around with the power-on sequence on the Harmony remote but so far, no difference 😞

I'm beginning to think there's a wee bug in the BDV-E2100 as I've seen other posts with similar problems using different TV's

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks!

night...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
nightlight
Explorer

Hi Pascale,

Thanks for the reply..

I have changed the powerup sequence to > BDV-E2100 then TV then Sky and Youview set top boxes (via HDMI switch) and this works, 10-15secs or so after TV sound is muted I get Sound through the BDV. Family is now happy 😀

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Night...

P.S. I have edited this post to reflect my solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi nightlight,

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
nightlight
Explorer

Hi Pascale,

Thanks for the reply..

I have changed the powerup sequence to > BDV-E2100 then TV then Sky and Youview set top boxes (via HDMI switch) and this works, 10-15secs or so after TV sound is muted I get Sound through the BDV. Family is now happy 😀

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Night...

P.S. I have edited this post to reflect my solution.

profile.country.GB.title
Frustrated45
Explorer

I bought one of these about two months ago with the assumption,it would connect via scart/ hdmi and be able to output the tv sound of my now tv tv /sky cinema/ subscription like the old one did no problem which was a jvc home cinema and used this to output tv sound in 5.1 quality for 11 years but my tv is 6 years old so had no arc return channel ,just two hdmi. Despite not seeing a labelled input for the other recommendation of a digital optical audio cable, I bought one and tried ,finding it appeared to fit a whole just fine on the back of my tv just fine but alas no sound, then tried stereo jack on tv to rca  white and red on bdve2100 but alas nothing, I have finally tried rca red and white cables from tv to bdv e2100 ,flicked on you tube ,turned tv remote to 0 and tried again, nothing, am sure I have set the menu output right,though it would be nice to hear for certain that hearing tv sound through speakers of this system only works if you have a hdmi arc input or a digital optical audio cable input on your tv and my later two attempts are futile given the modern nature of the technology

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The system has all the possible input for getting audio from a tv (HDMI ARC, optical digital, analogical RCA) you should look at what and how your TV can send the audio out

Page 20 and and 24 explain the possibility of the BDV E2100

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/4446/a7795ccb4ca06c8cb09e18ec54ae4da3/4446734...

profile.country.GB.title
Frustrated45
Explorer

With your stuff from the manual finally changed the settings to no control  for hdmi in system settings and hdmi and speaker in the audio , no joy with red an white rca to red and white rca ,still didn’t work so tried the stereo jack to rca audio in on bdv 2100 and it worked at last ,then got excited and tried digitaltput optical cable,to no avail as was still hopeful of true surround, when plugging back the stereo jack into the tv,forgot to turn off system and now the tv output is toast it seems, dvd home theatre still works fine on test screen ,am gutted about the tv output though, after all that