Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 Home Cinema System no sound while in TV mode

BDV-E370 Home Cinema System no sound while in TV mode

We have a BDV-E370 Home Cinema System and a 40EX703 Bravia TV. Both brought together 5 years ago. About a week ago the sound stopped coming through the home cinema system while in TV mode. The USB and BD modes are find ane we still get sound through the home cinema system whne in these modes. The TV and home cinema system are connected by HDMI cables through the ARC enabled HDMI connections. One thing we have noticed is that when starting or switching on the theatre mode the home cinema system used to cycle through checking the disc player, d.media LPCM and then TV and the sound from the TV would come through the home cinema system speakers. I have tried to reset the settings on the home cinema system, checked cable connections, etc, but to no avail. Can anybody help.? Thanks

:rolling_eyes:

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before going through all the setting etc.  Can you try another HDMI cable?  You'd be amazed how often this tends to fix alot of problems.  When replacing the cable, turn all devices of from the powerpoint on the wall.

Cheers

Hi I tried another HDMI cable but that did not work. The sound works fine when playing back DVD or from the USB. We originally had a optical cable connecting the home cinema system to the TV (we were told we needed one by the shop we bought the TV and home cinema system from) but when I read up about it a HDMI cable was sufficient to carry the sound and the system has worked well for 3 years since with the HDMI cable until now. Thanks