Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E380 lip sync

profile.country.en_GB.title
betamaxman
Visitor

BDV-E380 lip sync

Have just bought a BDV-E380 to connect to my KDL40X3000 TV.  The connection did not go smoothly having to use the composite cable first.  When I eventually got the HDMI to work there is a lip sync error of approx half a second.  I have not been able to resolve this so have asked the online retailer for an RMA.  This is a pitty as the kit looks superb, so is it easily sorted?

13 REPLIES 13
simoneast
Visitor

The lack of concern from Sony is unbelievable. My view, and I am an IT proffessional, is that anything that the user can compensate for manually in the settings can be adjusted for automatically by the system provided the trigger is a known factor. Sony have confirmed that the sound track type determines the delay and so this can be used to map to a compensated delay factor.

Simples!

profile.country.nl_NL.title
kire1980
Visitor

I have forwarded the issue to Sony support, but did not yet receive an answer from them. As soon as they respond (hope they will), I'll post the reaction in this topic.

Message was edited by: kire1980

Message was edited by: kire1980

simoneast
Visitor

Guys!

Sony might be taking this seriously. There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues on the E380 and some other devices to call them (see below re the number though) and give details:

http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/home-cinema-lip-sync-issue

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

BUT the number quoted is (at the moment, I did tell them) wrong. It is not 0844 84 666 555 it is 0844 8466 555.

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes Sony are asking for help but not via the link or phone number that that Simon posted above..

If you are encountering lip sync please click on the following link to supply more details - Lip sync problems