Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E380 will not always power up

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
HilltophouseMJH
Visitor

BDV-E380 will not always power up

Hi,

I have a BDV-E380, my second first one went back within a week or so as died twice when idle. When left overnight it would not power up the next day and had to remove from mains for several minutes, then worked but lost FM presets. New onw in place and this has now done the same within a couple of weeks, surely this is not normal?? Anybody else had the issue, ideas on solutions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

understand a little better now and you are right to assume its not normal, other than contacting Sony support perhaps you could exchange for a different model, im afraid i can assist no further on this other than suggest a firmware update and see if it changes anything.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your gonna need to expand a little on whats happenning here, but i can tell you its normal for it to switch off to stand by mode if its left a while on idle, they all do that but not sure what you mean by " left overnight", but if you unplug it then yeah you will lose the pre sets and will have to re set them however if its normal or not im not sure as i never unplug anything i dont need to.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited for spelling mistake by: Bravia55HX923

HilltophouseMJH
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your note. I'll try and expand

All works fine for a day or week. However sometimes when I come  to use it it will not power up at all, completly dead. No lights, no display and no response to remote or front power button. Only way to get it back to life is disconnect from mains for 10 mins plus and then plug back in. Its as if the Firmware crashes or something!

I always switch off on the unit (not the mains) when not in use so it is off when idle but still has live mains power attached

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

understand a little better now and you are right to assume its not normal, other than contacting Sony support perhaps you could exchange for a different model, im afraid i can assist no further on this other than suggest a firmware update and see if it changes anything.