Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E4100 frozen/locked with flashing white LED - software update fail?

profile.country.GB.title
nasmith13
Explorer

BDV-E4100 frozen/locked with flashing white LED - software update fail?

Got my EDV4100 home cinema theatre kit in April, and it's been pretty straightforward until today, pretty much six months to the day since I bought it.  Unfortunately, I think I've now fallen foul of a software update failure.

Since I tried to turn it on to watch TV five hours ago, I can't get it to do anything.  The remote control is useless. The buttons on the front of the machine do nothing, apart from the eject button, which sends out the DVD tray but won't take it back in.  The white LED light on the front blinks stradily on and off, about once per second, and while the display reads "TV", as it would when it was playing sound from the TV, no sound is coming out.  I even hear the speakers make the little pop noise they make before they spring into action, but nothing happens.  It's like it's frozen, before eventually it eventually puts itself into standby and powers down.  Turning it back on just starts the cycle all over again.

I've tried power cycling it by unplugging it for three minutes, but nothing has happened.  I've taken out all the cables and checked them, including the TOSLINK, but nothing changes.

There's not a problem with my Sony TV, which is displaying picture perfectly  I've got a signal splitter which goes to the LG TV in the kitchen via an HDMI, and that's playing both sound and picture.

The annoying thing is that since both devices are Sony, the compatibility which lured me to the Sony Home Theatre brand is now working against me, as I can't hear any sound from my Sony TV.  I'm having to increase the volume from the LG TV and blast it into the living room, which is going to make me very unpopular with my neighbours.

Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong?

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi nasmith13,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the community. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you soon. 

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @nasmith13 - I think it's worth getting in touch with Support so that they can investigate this further for you (details here).  Cheers, C

profile.country.GB.title
abawden
Explorer

I am having the same issue, have created a post as well

profile.country.GB.title
nasmith13
Explorer

I contacted Sony support, as suggested.  They were useless.  Expected me to send it to one of their repair centres, at my own expense, to have it examined, and then to pay for any errors they found.  I went back to Amazon, who I bought it from.  They exchanged it, no questions asked.  The replacement unit has been absolutely perfect.  No thanks to Sony :rolling_eyes:

profile.country.EE.title
andreynek
New

Hello!

Did anybody solve this problem by himself? I have same issue and I contacted the Support but they were not able to help me. They said to send the device to service but it's pretty complicated for me (back satellites wires are installed through the house attic and back to the rear room corner)...

profile.country.GB.title
at1984

Hello...

Did anyone get this sorted?  As I've just started having the same problem.

Thanks in advance 

profile.country.GB.title
abawden
Explorer

Same here, ive tried everything they suggest.. even connect an ethernet cable incase it was an update gone wrong but nothing

profile.country.GB.title
at1984

I have also tried plugging the ethernet cable in and nothing happened. There must be a way to sort this problem?

I've only had mine 10 months

profile.country.US.title
Fabyan_Pro
Explorer

I have the same problem, someone found the solution ???

15983032669415513112004851262580.jpg