Join now - be part of our community!

BDV E870 Question

profile.country.en_GB.title
PurpleFox99
Visitor

BDV E870 Question

I have the BDV E870 home cinema system. When I switch it on I see a WELCOME message on the device display, after a few seconds the display goes blank and I have to press the power button on the remote or the device to get it to switch on. Is there any way to set the device so that when I power it on at the wall it comes on without having to push the power button?

2 REPLIES 2
StartTheCar
Contributor

hey PurpleyFox99

This product, like most of them, has its power on function designed to work from  standby, which it is hopefully doing ok?

With this in mind, what it s doing is perfectly normal, although I fully understand your frustration.

Thinking about it more, if you had a power cut, or power drop out while you were away, it would be better to have the unit go into standby after the power comes on (in the same way as switching it back on from the wall socket) than to fully power up?

Rgds

PurpleFox99
Visitor

Ta very much!

I was hoping for a check box I could use to get it to come on immediately. I'll just have to keep hold of the remote for a moment longer. I'm sure I'll be sitting there on many more ocassions with the TV on and no sound until I remember to hit the standby button for this device.

Or I could upgrade to a Sony Bravia TV and just have the one remote and they'd both come on together! There's an idea.

Thanks again,