Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N9100W set with AV receiver

profile.country.el_GR.title
Maskakos
Visitor

BDV-N9100W set with AV receiver

I am making my new home theater and I am going with an 7.2 AV reciever. When i was looking for speaker choices I a was impressed with the design (and hope performance like other sony speakers) of the BDV-N9100W set. Is there any way of getting only the speakers of the BDV-N9100W + the rear speakers of BDV-N8100W + extra woofer for a full 7.2 set?

The reason I am going for a AV reciever and not just BDV-N9100W is so i can connect all my devices on it and because i don't wan't to downgrade to 5.1 after 9 years of my gigaworks 7.1.

Also is there any reason why this setup is not good?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

personally i would do this properly with the right speakers for the job, my personal choice have been Missions, you cant cannabalize two dedicated home cinema kits to make up what you want, the two things that spring to mind here without checking is that both sets of rears which are wireless wont work and nor will the Subs as they are probably Passive and not Active ones, i know Sony amps use Active subs (well my DB830 does!)

if your spending on a good Amp then its logical to do the same for the speakers!

profile.country.el_GR.title
Maskakos
Visitor

Thank you very much for your time and reply. My problem is that good speakers are kind of expencive for me atm. I was hoping to go for a very good AMP and settling for some mediocre speakers for 1-2 years before I can replace them. My current budget is 2000-2500 eu ro max. Spending half of that for a very good reciever leaves me with 1000-1200 for 7 speakers and woofer. Everything i have looked in this price range are UGLY as hell : ) .Buying a DBV-N9100W thought would give me a good solution and after using it for 2 year in my living room i would just take them as a normal set to my bedroom tv. (would just have the 2 speakers for nothing)

You do raise a good point for the woofer thought.... I will need to buy a active woofer. Going for 2 woofers from day 1 is not my priority. I know the rear speakers are wireless but i thought that was just an option as I expected them to have wire inputs aswell.

Again thank you... I will try and check out more speaker options