Join now - be part of our community!

BDVE370

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
andy2019
Explorer

BDVE370

can anyone please help? I have my home cinema system connected to my tv through the ARC HDMI port along with my skyQ system, so when I’m watching sky the sound come through the system lovely but when I want to play a dvd I get sound but no picture. Can anyone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@andy2019 

At a guess, the TV isn’t auto-switching to whichever HDMI input is the ARC one (it would be HDMI 3 on a Sony TV, but you don’t say what make of TV you have there).

So play a DVD and manually switch to that input on the TV and see if you then get the picture.

If so, we have sort-of solved it, but we might still wonder why CEC (known as BraviaSync to the BDVE370, and possibly a third name to the TV if it’s not a Sony) isn’t switching this for you.

CEC has to be On on the TV for ARC to work, and I thought on the BDVE370 as well, but check on both devices that it’s enabled.

If it already is On on both devices, you will have to resign yourself to choosing that HDMI input manually when you want to play a DVD, but at least it’s better than no picture at all.

In the event you still have no picture after trying the above though, please give the make and model of the TV, and clarify what the Sky Q is plugged into (I think the TV, but you don’t say which HDMI input).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@andy2019 

At a guess, the TV isn’t auto-switching to whichever HDMI input is the ARC one (it would be HDMI 3 on a Sony TV, but you don’t say what make of TV you have there).

So play a DVD and manually switch to that input on the TV and see if you then get the picture.

If so, we have sort-of solved it, but we might still wonder why CEC (known as BraviaSync to the BDVE370, and possibly a third name to the TV if it’s not a Sony) isn’t switching this for you.

CEC has to be On on the TV for ARC to work, and I thought on the BDVE370 as well, but check on both devices that it’s enabled.

If it already is On on both devices, you will have to resign yourself to choosing that HDMI input manually when you want to play a DVD, but at least it’s better than no picture at all.

In the event you still have no picture after trying the above though, please give the make and model of the TV, and clarify what the Sky Q is plugged into (I think the TV, but you don’t say which HDMI input).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…