Join now - be part of our community!

Blu ray control through AV amp

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Blu ray control through AV amp

In the past I have used a Sony BDP-S550 Blu ray player connected via HDMI dircetly to a Sony VPL-VW80 projector.  When directly connected the projector's remote control will allow me to control the Blu Ray player features such as pause, play, stop etc using those buttons on the projector's remote control.

I have now introduced a Sony STR-DN1080 AV amplifier between the two.  The same blu ray player connects to the BD/DVD HDMI connector on the amplifier, and the projector connects to the HDMI-A (TV OUT) HDMI connector on the amplifier.

Control for HDMI is ON on all devices.

Now when I try to use the projector's remote control to control the blu ray player, nothing happens.  

I know the BDP-S550 is now an old player, but it still works well and has worked well with this projector.

Both the Blu Ray player and the AV Amplifier are running the latest firmware available from Sony.

Is there any way to get the remote control working as it was before but with the connection via the STR-DN1080 amplifier?  

When I look at the device 'sync' menu on the projector it can see the AV amplifier but not the Blu Ray player beyond that.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I'm looking into this for you and will be back in touch if I can find an answer.

In the meantime perhaps another member of the community may be able to help.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I wondered if there was any update?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Any update?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Any update from Sony?