Join now - be part of our community!

BPDS185B Judder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mork23
Visitor

BPDS185B Judder

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.  I've just taken delivery of a replacement Blu Ray Player as per the model above.  This has been purchased through Amazon.  The first item arrived and played back Blu ray absolutely fine and I was very impressed.  We noticed quite significant judder on one of the adverts prior to the film and assumed we might have a faulty disc as once skipped it played on fine.  On further reflection this might have been an advert in DVD format??.  The film played fine and we thought nothing further of the problem it until we came to watch  a DVD.  Since then every DVD we tried caused judder throughout.  Today I took delivery of a replacement unit from Amazon (very swift I might say!) and unfortunately it has the same issue.  Blu ray plays great, DVDs judder.  I've looked through the settings, searched on the web, changed the HDMI cable and port on the TV (Samsung 32" LE32M86BD) but found nothing/no change.

Before I send it back, has anyone got any ideas?  I'm utterly bemused....

Cheers

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mork23
Visitor

Hi,

I tried the blu-ray with other TVs (Samsung 40", LG 19") and the DVD function worked fine.  So suspected it was my TV and as it was relatively dates (i.e. not full HD) I decided to purchase a new one.  I now have it working fine with my Panasonic 37" LED.

Thanks

Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nealcornish
Visitor

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem with exactly the same blu ray player. DVDs judder, Blu Rays are perfect.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Can you flag it with the call centre using the contact details at the top of the page. Then it can be investigated further.

Thanks

mork23
Visitor

Hi,

I tried the blu-ray with other TVs (Samsung 40", LG 19") and the DVD function worked fine.  So suspected it was my TV and as it was relatively dates (i.e. not full HD) I decided to purchase a new one.  I now have it working fine with my Panasonic 37" LED.

Thanks

Mark

bknewhaven
New

I have a S380 Blu Ray player. DVDs are fine, but BluRay discs judder occasionally at points of action. There is no regular occurance, but it really distracts from the film and is not what I expected to get with Blu Ray. This makes the format useless. I find most DVDs very well upscaled, so not a lot of difference in quality.

TV is Toshiba, but only 1080i not 1080p, could this have anything to do with it?

Message was edited by: bknewhaven

Message was edited by: bknewhaven

monkeysee
Visitor

I have the same Blu Ray player (though a different tv - mines a 24" 1080p bravia), and a very similar problem.

It's quite a strange thing, and nothing like any playback errors I can remember seeing with other devices in the past.  There's no visual distortion as such, no blocky patches or anything like that... What happens is that the image judders backwards and forwards really quickly for a couple of seconds (the audio playback is unaffected, and somehow seems to remain in synch).  I've noticed this on 3 different blu ray discs now (not noticed it on any dvds so far, but I haven't watched many dvds on the player yet).  Each time it happens, it's only for a second or two, but it really spoils whatever I'm watching.  It's really annoying.