Join now - be part of our community!

Can BDP-S185 play .vob files from USB drive?

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
loekverhees
Visitor

Can BDP-S185 play .vob files from USB drive?

Hello, I was wondering if the BDP-S185 could play back .vob files from a USB flash drive. Can it also play back .vob files when they're in a DVD-Video folder (on the USB flash drive)?

Edit: I have seen the specifications and .vob is not listed specifically there. But I know these specs are not always 100% complete, and sometimes if one actually tests it, it turns out to be possible. Did someone actually test this (or could someone perhaps test it)? Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

You can playback VOB files via DLNA using Homestream software which is discussed in one of the stickies, but not via USB.

The devices have divx support via USB and possibly MKV also, irrespective of having a movie studio..

thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Of course Vob files are not compatible... I mean Sony has a Movie studio :wink:

So it won't be able to play any DVD rip files.

Catmambo
Contributor

You can playback VOB files via DLNA using Homestream software which is discussed in one of the stickies, but not via USB.

The devices have divx support via USB and possibly MKV also, irrespective of having a movie studio..

thanks

loekverhees
Visitor

Okay, thank you both for your answers. I'll look for a different model then.

gugabackhand
Visitor

Hi. Try using an opensource player. VLC. Hope this helps. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

loekverhees
Visitor

Yes, VLC can play them. But I don't want to place my computer into the living room ;-). I'm looking to the A.C. Ryan Playon!HD Mini 2 now. Of course it can't play discs, but I didn't use that very often anyway.