Join now - be part of our community!

CAN'T TURN OFF AUDIO DESCRIPTION

profile.country.GB.title
johngs800rider

CAN'T TURN OFF AUDIO DESCRIPTION

I've got a 55xf8505bu TV , an HT-SF150 soundbar and and BDPS3700 Blue ray player. Not had it long so stillfarily confused by everthing. I can play DVDs ok, no problem. But when I put a blu ray disc in the only sound I get is with the audio description, which is annoying. I cannot get a menu on the TV or the Blu ray payer which allows me to change it. I would expect an all-Sony set up to work withut hassle. This is with differnet bluray discs, but is nt a problem with dvds. What am I doing wrong? John

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
johngs800rider

for further info....if I switch the soundbar power off, and put the tv sound output to the tv speakers, it plays the first option, the english 5.1 sound. So that works.

However, as soon as I switch the soundbar back on and switch the the output from TV speakers to soundbar, I can only get the second audio option, i.e with the audio description. The sound bar will not play the first audio option - the default english. It's all connected as per instructions.

I can hear the normal english sound track through the tv speakers, but the sound bar won't let me. Some part of the sound track is not recognised by the sound bar! I can get any language except english. I can scroll through the audio options via the blu ray remote, and on tv speakers it lets me have english (option 1), but on soundbar it won't ! Sorry for repeating myself a bit...!

profile.country.GB.title
johngs800rider

update.....spent an hour on the phone with a very helpful guy at the John Lewis technical call centre. Reset the TV to factory settings, but still the same problem. He eventually advised me to go to Sony direct.

Just to recap...If I play a blu ray disc through the TV speakers it is fine, and it lets me have the option to swap to audio description via the bluray remote. If I set the TV to audio output from TV speakers and play the blue ray, the only soundtrack I can get is the audio description. If I press the audio button on the bluray remote to go to option 1 the soundbar will only play the audio description. The normal soundtrack is jut mute.

That makes me think the TV is receiving all the data from the bluray, processes and allows/outputs it when using the TV speakers only, but cannot put that part of the output to the soundbar. Either the TV software has a glitch, or the soundbar does. There is no problem with ordinary DVDs. I'm really stuck. Does anyone from Sony look at this board?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @johngs800rider :slight_smile:

Just to let you know Sony don't respond on these forums.

Failing another member being able to help in the meantime,

its probably best you give Sony Support a call on Monday morning: contact details here

profile.country.GB.title
johngs800rider

Ta, I'll call them on Monday.

regards

John