Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot select speakers on STR-DN1040

profile.country.GB.title
huggy5509
Explorer

Cannot select speakers on STR-DN1040

disconnected my old Yamaha AV receiver (surround sound worked) and connected my new Sony receiver - changed to go with my new KDL 50W815 TV - and I got a new BD S4200
HDMI all work, Bravia sync works, switching works and I get all sources with video and audio on TV (when TV audio selected)
Speaker switch on front panel has no function
cannot select speakers
cannot select speaker set up in easy start
I cannot make any speaker set up in Amp menu
cannot do speaker calibration - all options greyed out
I did the firmware update - but fault still exists,

please help :slight_smile:
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm that everything is connected correctly on the AV Receiver, espcially the speakers?

Try performing a factory reset - Whilst AV Receiver is OFF, press the power button on the front of it, for 5 seconds, until "Clearing" appears.  Then "Cleared" should be displayed.  Then switch it on again.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
huggy5509
Explorer

thank you, I tried all of that, and that is all I got from Sony support.... no-one at Sony support seemed to listen that I could not select speakers.
As I assumed amp was faulty I got retailer to swap it, and hey presto I could turn on speakers and everything worked just fine connected exactly as it was before - so now I am very happy.
Only thing I do not like, is buying a new Sony TV, 3D blu ray and amp together when I adjust volume with amp on the volume display on the TV is higher than the volume display on the amp - doesn't make sense with same brand items, maybe should have just got another Yamaha amp where I would not have expected things to tie in properly, but that is my only issue.