Join now - be part of our community!

Chorus soundbar for sony KDL-50W705B

Chorus soundbar for sony KDL-50W705B

Hi all! Got my first soundbar for Christmas and have no clue how to set this up. I have an optical cable that i plug im but have no sound. Tried adjusting my tv settings but still no sound. Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have a make/model of your soundbar - might be useful, as then i can give you the best specific way of doing things.

Once connected to the TV, ensure that you set the TV Speakers to "Audio System" (or something similar).

Cheers

Its the kitsound model

for sound options on my tv it only comes up as tv speakers and audio system which i tried before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the TV you must set 'Speakers' to 'Audio System' 

On the Kitsound Chorus soundbar, you need to set the input to 'Optical' - There is a button on the supplied remote control called 'Optical'

If that still fails, you will need to set 'Digital Audio Out' on the TV to 'PCM' (instead of Auto) - it is located in the sound settings of the TV.

Cheers

Changed what you suggested by still no sound. Am I missing something else?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, that really is it...  There are no other settings.

I can only suggest that you switch it all off, check that younhave fully plugged it in - the optical cable should 'click' into place.  It can be a little stiff to do sometimes.

If everything still fails, i can only suggest trying it on another tv, to rule out a TV fault or request a replacement from the retailer it was purchased from.

Cheers