Join now - be part of our community!

Connect Blu ray to the Home cinema STR-DG510 with HDMI

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
ety1910
Visitor

Connect Blu ray to the Home cinema STR-DG510 with HDMI

I have a Toshiba Blu ray with 1 HDMI out, and home cinema Sony STR-DG510 with two input HDMI, and 1 HDMI out...I connect the Blue ray to the home cinema HDMI IN number 2 with HDMI cable , and Sony Bravia TV to the home cinema to the port HDMI out ...I have de sound and video on the TV , but no sound to the home cinema!!!!!!...

I connect the Blu ray  to the home cinema on HDMI 1 ( DVD in ) and with cable coaxial for sound , and i have the sound on home cinema , and sound + video on Sony Bravia TV.( Blue ray on HDMI 2 + cable coaxial wont work)

Any suggestion for using only HDMI cable ?!

Message was edited by: ety1910

Message was edited by: ety1910

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Unfortunately, your receiver has only HDMI 1.1 in..so you it can only passthrough video (up to 1080i) and stereo sound. It is not suitable for DolbyHD and Dts HD sound

So right now, you already have the best set up you can have with the coaxial. DOn't change anything. If you want HDMI only, you will have to upgrade your A/V receiver.... =/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Unfortunately, your receiver has only HDMI 1.1 in..so you it can only passthrough video (up to 1080i) and stereo sound. It is not suitable for DolbyHD and Dts HD sound

So right now, you already have the best set up you can have with the coaxial. DOn't change anything. If you want HDMI only, you will have to upgrade your A/V receiver.... =/

profile.country.ro_RO.title
ety1910
Visitor

Thank you very much !|
Finally "lighting" me