Join now - be part of our community!

Connectinf HDR HDD to a PC?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Erekose_2023
Visitor

Connectinf HDR HDD to a PC?

Due to an incident, my HDR-HX525 unit has suffered a physical misha

Having opened the case, the electrics look shot, but the HDD side is structurally sound

I removed the HDD and attached it to a Windows Vista computer, but can not access the drive, or even the VISTA disk management program.

Is it possible to attach the drive to a lower system (XP, 98) or even a LINUX system to access the files of it? i.e. what file system does it use?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Erekose_2023
Visitor

Sorry, should have clarified.

When I say the electrics are shot.. the unit suffered a severe blow to the rear right corner. I removed the case to check, before powering up as the UHF connectrs were well out of true. The PCB at that corner is cracked, so have not risked powering up incase of shorts, prior to removing the HDDunless theres a physical shock damage to the HDD, so theres no question of it having suffered any damage, in particular with regard to electrics.

Thought I should clarify.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, I would recommend taking the device to a service centre, so it can be properly evaluated. May well be that the data is still intact, but the service centre are best placed to assist with this I think..

Hope this helps