Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting my Blu-ray to TV, soundbar and Sky box.

profile.country.GB.title
davegahan114
Explorer

Connecting my Blu-ray to TV, soundbar and Sky box.

This is a drawing of my equipment and the connections I have. I have been talking to Sony for over a week now about my lack of audio from my Blu-ray but with no solutions. Can anyone offer a solution has to how I can get audio from my dvds. Everything else works fine.

Connecting my Blu-ray playerConnecting my Blu-ray player

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

This must be really frustrating.  Are you able to get sound on the Blu-ray if it's connected directly to the TV? 

I would also recommend trying the following steps here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
davegahan114
Explorer

Sean Mc, thanks for your reply to my original question.

Following your question, I connected the TV directly to my Sony BDP S3700 but still had no sound from the Blu-ray player from any of the sources listed on my TV. The picture was there and I connected to the Internet using Wi-Fi easily enougth. I also tried a diferent HDMI cable but I still could get no sound.

I am begining to think the Blu-ray player is faulty and am going to send it back for a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
davegahan114
Explorer

Hello Sean-Mc,

I returned my Blu-ray player because I thought it was faulty and now have a replacement; Sony BDP-S3700. I connected this just to the TV, and the picture and audio worked fine. so I know this device is OK. My problem is still one of connecting up to the Samsung soundbar to get audio for DVDs. 

The BDP-S3700 only has two connections, the HDMI is connected to the TV which leaves only the coaxial digital to connect to the soundbar. The trouble is there is no corresponding coaxial connection on the soundbar, just aux IN, and a HDMI IN and a HDMI OUT.

Can you suggest a way around this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again Dave,

Unfortunately I'm not sure of a way around this.  It might be worth speaking to Samsung who may be able to offer a solution for you.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
davegahan114
Explorer

The solution was to disconnect the HDMI cable running from the Blu-ray to the TV, and run it from the Blu-ray to the input on the soundbar, and then another HDMI cable out from the soundbar to the input on the TV. It now works fine.