Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting new internet radio to STR N1050

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

Connecting new internet radio to STR N1050

I've just purchased a new internet radio with more features than the provided services on the unit, but it has RCA phono connection only. I've attempted to reconfigure the default 'game' input to accept an RCA-in to no avail. The option is not available on the settings menu... When I set up the unit ages ago I recall being able to get at all the options across the board, but no more. When I go to edit, only input name, image, W/L, component and opt/coax are editable across the screen

Could anyone assist? Enclosed is an image of the current set up.

thanks!screenshot.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to connect the R+L RCA leads to either:

• Video 1
  • SAT/CATV
  • SA-CD/CD

And then change the input on the DN1050 to the corresponding input.  You can then re-name the input on the input settings.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

Thanks quinnicus.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. I've tried the SAT/CATV initially, but this has a hdmi in from my Fire Stick and doesn't seem to want to play ball. Same with the video 1 which uses an optical in for sound only (don't ask why!), and CD is taken up with a CD output already.

I cannot reach the 'audio' part on the settings menu on ANY input- they are either blank, or if there is a setting, it is greyed out when editing the input line.

I know I set these up originally but can't get to them now! I've done a factory reset but strangely that didn't clear the settings table. Do you have any thoughts?

I tried the technical helpline from from the vendor, who suggested the factory reset and they thought it might be something to do with having dolby digital active on a source- I tried switching to 2 channel stereo with them on the line but these didn't do anything.

Here is the initial screen-

screenshot.jpg

And here is in edit mode- can't reach the last two composite and audio settings

screen2.jpg

Could you please help? It is driving me mad to have an expensive box that I cannot control!!

At this rate I'll have to resort to a simple switching unit on the CD input which somewhat defeats the object.

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

Anyone have any suggestions?? Sony- you there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no other solutions as Audio via RCA plugs are for those three inputs as stated above.  You said you have a Fire TV stick on SAT/CATV but doesnt work.  Why not move that directly to the TVs HDMI input, and then use the RCA R+L ports ?

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

Thanks for responding quinnicus. Perhaps I wasn't clear- the fire stick is HDMI connected OK; the issue is that I cannot alter the input assignments for the spare RCA R+L sockets- the menu won't allow me onto the setting. They are either blank or greyed out.

And now incidentally I've found that the custom programme settings 1-3 on the remote won't hold. The unit shows that they are saved but re-use proves they aren't!

It seems like the software needs a hard reboot.