Join now - be part of our community!

DN860/1060 -how to adapt FM to coax?

SOLVED
Centaurion
Explorer

DN860/1060 -how to adapt FM to coax?

I recently purchased a DN860 receiver, and it has a completely useless FM aerial antenna connection (on a receiver where everything is aimed at high quality audio, whoever came up with this antenna idea should be fired!).

I found an old thread explaining how to make an adapter for a similar case on the DN1040, but the aerial connection I have is slightly different:

STR-DN860-FMAerialConnection.png  STR-DN860-FMAerialConnection-2.jpg

Does anyone know if (how) it's possible to make a similar adapter for this connection?

Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Hubmub
New

Cactu5Mac, thank you for those details!  I spent a little money on eBay, did a little soldering, and it works beautifully with my existing external antenna.  And, since I bought 25 of the black/red leads, if anyone needs one, let me know!  :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Zeid27
Explorer

Thanks for the advice. It is not clear to me how the two parts are connected to each other, or to the coaxial cable. Please be kind enough to clarify. Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Zeid27
Explorer

Thanks. I could do with one if available. I live in London, UK.

profile.country.GB.title
backyardfarmer
Explorer

Could you please explain how you connect these pieces.  I too bought a Sony 1STR-DN1080 with that garbage antennae.  I thought I could just buy a coax antennae but I guess not  😞