Join now - be part of our community!

Does the NSZ GS7 allow you to play the BBC I-Player, ITV I-Player, 4OD and 5 On Demand?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tom2023
Visitor

Does the NSZ GS7 allow you to play the BBC I-Player, ITV I-Player, 4OD and 5 On Demand?

Either via an app or through the Chrome browser?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
gofrost

The BBCI player works through the chrome browser,but the audio drops out now i don't know if this this was because of the programme i was playing or some other issue.None of the others work through the browser and i have not seen any apps for these sites either.

canubelieve
Visitor

Yes.

there are no apps, you need to use the chrome browser.

bbc easy

itv player very difficult, you need to try reset the user agent

chrome > settings > advanced settings > under the bonnet

reboot

go to itv.com first then from there try to go to iplayer

should work

If not, you may need to try also

cookies - create a site exception to itv.com and block.

Then go to itv.com and from there to itv player

When you get into itv i think it is probably best to register and get the confirmation email then click the confirmation (access the email within your player). .there is something to to with SSL certificates that this may fix. It actually worked on my laptop and I can now get into itvplayer.

4OD use the mobile site, see tips in the sony support

5 on demand should be possible, I got some parts playing but not yet worked it all out.

However, fyi my biggest problem with the player is getting playback of video downloads and USB drive to work.

It only plays now and again.