Join now - be part of our community!

Fundemental flaw with the BDP-S370

profile.country.en_GB.title
gb2012
Visitor

Fundemental flaw with the BDP-S370

Whilst Sony's idea for a combined internet streaming device and Blu-Ray Player is great in my their execution is woeful.  For over 7 months I've been fobbed off with all sorts of reasons why my ISP connection is causing iPlayer and qriocity to stall in standard mode and unusable in HD mode.  Excuses that it's not Sony but BBC iPlayer, my ISP trottling back at peak times, issues with my home network.....

At the weekend I bought an Apple TV and since then have been able to watch Apple's streamed HD movies with no problems as well as their limited range of web content.  I guess this proves where the problem really lies.

Bottom line the BDP-S370 does not deliver what's promised, which is stream watchable internet content.  When are Sony going to do the decent thing, own up and recall the product?

2 REPLIES 2
steviep43
Visitor

Whilst I sympathise when other people's devices don't work as intended, I have to state that I absolutely love my S370. I watch streaming programmes all the time in HD and standard, and use the DLNA option daily and can honestly say in the 6 months I've had it I've not any issues at all. Not even occasional buffering. I'm using Sky Broadband and a couple of HomePlugs. Maybe you've just got a dodgy box?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi gb2012

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the device. As many forum users will testify, there have been a few issues with streaming via some ISP's notably TalkTalk, Virgin and O2. However these have all been ironed out and at present we're unaware of any other specific issues with ISP's aside from the usual low speeds in some areas.

Can you provide some more detailed information about the problems you are experiencing so either myself or other forum members can try and assist as I use one of these at home personally and have no problems with it at all.

Thanks