Join now - be part of our community!

Hard disk recorder has reverted to Jan 1 2000

profile.country.GB.title
Del-TJ
New

Hard disk recorder has reverted to Jan 1 2000

The date on the TV Guide on old (2012) Sony hard disk recorder SVR-HDT500 has reverted to Jan 1 2000 and therefore cannot access current TV guides. We are therefore unable to record, although the date and time on the Title list is still correct and we can still watch previously recorded programmes. Does anyone know how I can get the recorder to revert to today's date?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Del-TJ 

From the fine manual, page 42:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4265/42650961M.pdf

The recorder does not operate properly.
, Press and hold the RESET button on the front panel (page 7) for more than 3 seconds.
, When static electricity, etc., causes the recorder to operate abnormally, turn off the recorder and wait until the power indicator on the front panel completely turns off. Then, unplug the recorder and after leaving it off for a while, plug it in again.

First, though, I would try a simple retune, make sure the recorder can get its time/date from terrestrial broadcast time. If that didn’t straighten it out, then I’d dicker with the Time Zone setting, move it off GMT and back. Then I’d probably realise I had to do the above.

It’s worth noting, though, if these steps don’t fix it, that if you are desperate to make recordings you should be able to make them entirely manually via the TIMER setting, as described in your manual as linked to above.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Del-TJ
New

Many thanks for your help. All tried. Didn’t seem to work at first  but after being switched off overnight the correct date restored. It’s quite old so I fear it’s starting to have short term memory problems!