Join now - be part of our community!

HDX870 firmware upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

HDX870 firmware upgrade

Trying to upgrade from 1.44 to 1.70.  Followed all Sony instructions, created CD-R, file is required size; when tray loads into machine display reads LOAD, it hangs for a while then reverts to time and channel.  Tried using CD-R with interim 1.66 upgrade, no joy.  Tried unplugging and factory re-set but no joy.  Tried a DVD-RW, no joy.  Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks, problem solved and recorder updated.  Much appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor
profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks for response.  Used File Manager (Windows 10) - Share - Burn to disc, finalise.  Only way that I know.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

That quite likely won't work. The disc has  to be created so that it is effectively bootable by the recorder, not just a disc with files on it.

Ashampoo is free and one of the best bits of burning software around. I would definitely give it a go. 

https://www.ashampoo.com/uk/gbp/fdl 

If you try then on the above page select 'full versions free' from the dropdown at the right and select the appropriate options on the others. You want 'Burning Software' under the category header.

Annotation 2020-06-05 140943.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks, problem solved and recorder updated.  Much appreciate your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Excellent and thanks for the update, I'm pleased it worked OK. These are great machines and well worth keeping running.