Join now - be part of our community!

Hi all, newbie first post (RDR HXD995 problem)

profile.country.GB.title
trackedeverywhere
New

Hi all, newbie first post (RDR HXD995 problem)

Hello. Apologies if I'm not following the correct forum procedures. My RDR HXD995 HDD DVD recorder which has provided many years of fantastic service daily, no longer recognises blank discs. I have a full Hard Drive but can't dub to discs anymore. Is there any way I can transfer the HDD titles onto an external hdd or other means without having to purchase a second recorder? Cheers for any help. Michael

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi tracedeverywhere,

Welcome to the community. 

I'm not entirely sure that it's possible to transfer the HDD titles from your RDR HXD995 HDD DVD recorder onto an external HDD. It might be best to contact Support to see what they suggest.

Best wishes,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
trackedeverywhere
New

Thank you Pascale_F. Thought it worth posting first just in case someone might be able to suggest a method to transfer the HDD content but will contact support so thank you for answering my first post :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

You're welcome!

And someone else here may still have some ideas to offer. You never know! 

BW,

Pascale

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Owning and rdr hxd870 I don't think you have any possibility to move the hdd to a pc. Probably it wouldn't even recognize it.

The only possibility could be (but rather complex even this and require a specific service remote) buy another set and move the hdd  in there.

Btw did you try a simple cleaning set to clean the DVD lenses?  Maybe in this way you can burn them again.

profile.country.GB.title
trackedeverywhere
New

Hi rooobb. The only method I have considered is to purchase another recorder and transfer from the old to the new. I can still buy HDD DVD recorders (used) on the 'bay'. However I haven't used a dvd cleaner so have now ordered one which i'll collect tomorrow in-store. If it doesn't work it hasn't bankrupted me and if it does then it will save what little I have :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion.