Join now - be part of our community!

how can I get my blu-ray remote to control volume on my tv?

profile.country.en_GB.title
GEM333
Visitor

how can I get my blu-ray remote to control volume on my tv?

I have a sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player and I can't find out to setup the remote so it controls the volume on my panasonic tv.  I've looked at the sony manual and on page 32 it lists the code numbers of controllable tv's and panasonic is listed with code numbers 17, 49.  The manual however does not give any guidance as to where you enter these codes.

I've looked at the home setup options and can't find anything.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i'm a little rusty on this one!, try pressing and holding the little green button at the top of the remote and at the same time punch the code number of the tv in.

GEM333
Visitor

Your suggestion worked :slight_smile:

Thank you so much and for such a quick response.

The wonders of the internet and the forum......

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i cannot speak for the internet, but i try my best!:smileywink:

swanboss
New

I have blueray dvd  BDP-S6500 how can i get it to control volume etc on my Philips tv .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On a Phillips TV, you have to enable 'Easylink'.  This is Phillips term for the more generic HDMI-CEC.  Sony calls it Bravia Sync.

Unfortunately the HDMI-CEC is based on a very loose set of standards, and is not guarranteed to work correctly across different manufacturers.  

Also, it would be your Phillips TV remote control thwt would control the volume, assuming it works that is.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In the manual of your BPD at page 44 there is the procedure to set the remote to controlo the volume on different TV brands,check it

Hold down -TV- on/off and the TV

manufacturer’s code using the remote

buttons for 2 seconds.

If more than one remote button is listed,

try entering them one at a time until you

find the one that works with your TV.

For details, see [BD/DVD Viewing

Settings] (page 30).

The language spellings conform to the

ISO 639: 1988 (E/F) standard.

Code numbers of controllable

TVs

Manufacturer Remote Button

Panasonic Colour button

(blue) / Centre

button (ENTER)

Jeangoo1
New

I have a lg 37LG3000 (7 years old) and a new Sony blu ray player BDP S3500 but cannot get the volume etc  to work with my tv. According to instructions states just need to press the TV on button and the red button on the DVDs remote but doesn't do anything.  Please can you advise?.

doa1981
New

thanks for that info...........I was after code 17.......now I can control my Panasonic TV with my Sony Bluray player remote.......cheers heaps!!!!!