Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT790

profile.country.GB.title
tomyboy1
New

HT-CT790

I bought this unit 2 months ago and now it has stopped working. No sound and now no home screen. I contacted customer support and was given a company to contact for a repair. The company is 45 miles from my home and would charge me £40's each way to pick up the unit and deliver it back to me fixed or unfixed. I don't drive and have been asked by customer services that I have to pay this myself as the item is classed as a walk- in item. The unit when boxed is too large and heavy to carry and if I wanted to take the unit to get repaired myself would incure the cost of  taxi. I have requested the sound bar to be replaced or a refund but have been told it is my resposability  to get it to the repair shop. This is outrageous. Why should it cost me to get a faulty product repaired and why do my consumer rights not apply when reasonably asking to have a new product which no longer works replaced. I am very unhappy with sony's attitude to this and will never buy a sony product again.

On top of this I invested in 2 sony wireless speakers at over £100's each to get a surround sound system which are completly usless to me now

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Thanks for joining the community and reaching out to us. I've escalated your message to our support team.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU