Join now - be part of our community!

HT-NT5 soundbar & screen mirroring

profile.country.GB.title
stvalen61
Explorer

HT-NT5 soundbar & screen mirroring

Hi, I am the happy owner of an HT-NT5 soundbar, connected to an elderly LG HD TV, with a Toshiba Blueray player.  It does everything I want, with the exception of screen-mirroring, which I am struggling to get going.  I have no difficulty mirroring my android phone via the HT-NT5, but with my Windows 10 Dell XPS13 I haven't succeeded yet. After I select "screen mirroing" from the soundbar's Home screen, and clicking on "connect to HT-NT5 (screen)" in Windows, the soundbar shows the connection being made, Windows says it's connected, and then ... nothing. The TV's screen just shows the blank HT-NT5 background and not my Dell's desktop.  I've tried the various resolutuons offered by Windows, but nothing happens.  What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi stvalen61,

The problem could be with your laptop.  Have you tried connecting any other devices apart from your Android phone?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
stvalen61
Explorer

Thanks Sean.  The laptop works fine with a Samsung Smart TV..  I've connected it directly to the LG using a HDMI capable and the only resolution it seems to work at is 1024 x 768.  Unfortunately, that is not a resolution offered by my Dell when using screen mirroring...  So you are right, the problem seems to lie at the laptop's end.