Join now - be part of our community!

HT-X8500 Sound Issues with Sky Stream

profile.country.GB.title
himonster81
Explorer

HT-X8500 Sound Issues with Sky Stream

Hi, I have the HT-X8500 soundbar which I love, but I'm having some issues with it that I wondered if someone could help me with please?

My setup is as follows:

HT-X8500 > HDMI ARC into TV, Sky Stream into the additional HDMI port on the back of the HT-X8500.

TV is an LG TV.

I have the enhanced HDMI setting on the HT-X8500 enabled and the Virtual SS option and the sound setting to 'Cinema'. 'Auto' didn't fix my issues.

I'm getting sound dips between adverts on live broadcasts. Occasionally during a movie and an occasional 'pop' sound during a move.

I have my Sky Stream box audio settings set to 'Auto'. I've tried changing it to Dolby and Dolby+ but get the same issues. I have tried PCM audio and Passthrough but these seem to make the issues worse.

My TV isn't HDMI 2.1, but was wondering if buying 2.1 cables would rectify it?

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue please?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@himonster81 

As a test, try the Sky Stream plugged into the TV rather than the soundbar, and see if you still get the issues.

If you do, try unplugging the soundbar for a bit, and see what happens then.

These steps might help isolate which unit is misbehaving.

As long as you have High Speed HDMI cables, 2.1 cables are unlikely to help.

However, you don’t say exactly which LG TV it is, something we need to know to bottom this, as when you say ARC, it may be that you could/should be using eARC, which the HT-X8500 supports.

And this does need a ‘High Speed with Ethernet’ HDMI cable, something you should check if you have there or not.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

You can just try different HDMI cables, and do a power cycle by unplugging everything from the mains for at least 2 minutes and test. If this didn't work, you can try resetting the soundbar to its factory default condition (press and hold both the power and the volume down button on the soundbar itself for more than 5 seconds, then after the indicators light up, you can unplug the soundbar from the power for 2 minutes then plug it back)