Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 HDMI-issue

HT-ZF9 HDMI-issue

Hello!

I got this soundbar system about a week ago and it's been working adequately so far. It's been losing audio on Dolby Atmos every time I switch to another video or sound source. That I can live with though, as it works after muting and unmuting the source. Anyway, to the issue on hand:

Today I lost picture on my TV and while getting it back I noticed that the settings in use no longer work. I had it on YCbCr 422 10 bit and at 60 Hz and it'd been working fine for a week. And it still works if I remove the ZF9 from between my computer and TV, so I'm pretty sure that's the problem here. The best I can get the system to tunnel through is YCbCr 420 8 bit at 60 Hz. 420 12 bit produces a picture, but it keeps flickering, so no use there. If I want a 10 bit color for HDR, I have to drop it to 30 Hz, which effectively means: no HDR gaming.

Software is up to date, I've factory reset the device, computer drivers are up to date and the HDMI cord in use clearly can do it, it seems just that the ZF9 no longer will. Help greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What about the TV? It is the TV that flicker not the soundbar .... In any case the HDMI 2.0 shoudl support HDR 4k 60 fps with 4:2:0 chrom subsampling nothing more