Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 Wired Speakers

profile.country.GB.title
andrewchislett
Explorer

HT-ZF9 Wired Speakers

After struggling with sound loss and connection issues with this soundbar's sub and rear speakers, I have finally connected all three wireless speakers with cable and the results are fantastic.

I used screened 3.5mm jack stereo cables from DelayCON the longest at 15 meters.

And some Maxhood flat right angle 3.5mm jack connectors (as my soundbar is wall mounted and the jack points and on the rear of the soundbar).

To find the jack points on the sound bar they are behind a sticker on left rear with 2 screws on either side, simply peal off the sticker to reveal 3 female 3.5mm jack points for Sub, rear left and rear right.

The jack point on the sub is under the power button under a sticker.

The jack point on the rear speakers is on the right hand on the rear of the speaker in a vertical recess with a sticker to remove, this is quite tricky to get off.

Wire in all the cables then power off all the wireless speakers and power them back on, the link light will turn to orange (wired) and never drop out again.

These speakers are amazing when they work and now they are 100% working.

No more base drops and loss of rear sound.

I hope this helps people out, as I could fine no information anywhere on how to do this.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey andrewchislett, thank you for posting this. Much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Palexr

Hi, just trying to do this to but not having any luck? I successfully wired in the sub a while ago and that worked fine. But I'm now trying to wire in the rears with zero luck... Not getting a peep it of them. They disappear from the settings menu (the sub doesn't) and make no sound at all apart from a faint static noise.

I switched them off, plugged then in and switched them on again - nothing...

Am I missing a step out something? Is there a particular process I need to follow?

Any help gratefully received.

profile.country.GB.title
Palexr

Hi again, do this morning it all works...? I think. The rears are working and no more cutouts.

But without the rears appearing in the setup menu do we lose the ability to adjust them for distance etc...?

Draxicle
New

Hi there.

I've just come across your thread, and would be interested to know exactly where the port is on the sound bar unit (I tried one sticker and it seemed like a service port). Would you be able to post a photo? Prefer not to start digging around for anything that seems like a sticker!

My intention is to see if I can output to a bluetooth transmitter, then to stereo bluetooth speakers for rear speakers. Seems ambitious and probably doomed to failure. But still cheaper than second hand dedicated Z9R speakers. (£850 on eBay!!!)

profile.country.US.title
denorx
Explorer

Hi, I just found out about this and was able to remove the stickers as well, and I got you with the picture, but I’d also like to point out that a bluetooth transmitter workaround is a terrible idea since those bluetooth rear speakers will 100% lag behind compared to the rest of the system. It’s just the way Bluetooth is. You’re better off purchasing the official ones.

image.jpg

AFBITW
New

Good Afternoon,

Wanted to ask if you still, after some years, had a problem? After hardwiring?